The aims of the History curriculum are to enable students to:
- develop an interest in the study of the past and understand the present in the context of the past;
- discover where they stand in the contemporary world through understanding the origins and development of modern events;
- understand the characteristics and values of their own culture, and appreciate the shared humanity and common problems of the world’s many peoples;
- develop distinctive skills of critical thinking, making sound judgments and effective communication through exploring historical issues ;
- approach past and current events in an impartial and empathetic manner, using a variety of perspectives (political, economic, technological and scientific, social, religious,etc.);
- cultivate both national consciousness and the consciousness of being citizens of the global community, the nation and the world; and
- be prepare d to explore in greater depth an issue of personal interest, or one that may be of relevance to their future careers and professional studies.